Modern industrial machine and plant construction with preassembled machine and plant containers for worldwide export
Krampitz ISO container platforms make for optimal installation of machines and plants
A key focus of the German export industry is machine and plant construction. In addition to the Arab states, Russia, Africa and Latin America, the Asian economic region is becoming increasingly important for the German export industry.
However, this means that the issues of
- transportation of machines and plant components,
- assembly of machines and plants in these regions, as well as
- trial runs and commissioning in these countries pose ever-growing economic and logistical challenges.
Factory-made plug-in systems in ISO container dimensions are the solution to simplifying this problem.
Machines and plants are fitted and tested on one or several ISO container platforms in the manufacturing plant and then sent as standard-ISO container units to the client. This results in:
- a minimisation of costs for transportation by using the ISO standard container units,
- a minimisation of costs for on-site assembly due to the pre-assembled machines and plant modules in the standard ISO container units,
- as well as quick and simple initial start-up for trial runs and commissioning thanks to the factory-made units.
Krampitz has developed a complete container module system for these applications, which includes storage tank modules, open and closed container platforms for fitting pumps, filters, machines and controls, for instance.
Many plant components do not require a 20ft container.
Krampitz has developed 5ft and 10ft-high cube containers for this purpose. The biggest problem when using these container modules is the small size of these units: the most frequently transshipped container boxes have dimensions of 20ft and 40ft.
Every professional who deals with international transportation knows that sea freight container units smaller than 20ft incur very high costs.
Krampitz has therefore developed 5ft and 10ft-high cube containers, which – when mounted using quick-tie connections – can be combined to create a complete CSC-approved 20ft-high cube container with standard dimensions. This 20ft module unit can therefore be handled in exactly the same way and transported under the same conditions as a standard 20ft container.
The following 20ft-high cube combinations are possible:
- Combination A: 2 units 10ft-high cube containers connected together creates 1 unit 20ft-high cube container,
- Combination B: 1 unit 5ft-high cube container plus 1 unit 10ft-high cube container plus 1 unit 5ft-high cube container connected together creates 1 unit 20ft-high cube container,
- Combination C: 2 units 5ft-high cube containers plus 1 unit 10ft-high cube container connected together creates 1 unit 20ft-high cube container,
- Combination D: 4 units 5ft-high cube containers connected together creates 1 unit 20ft-high cube container.
Krampitz has the following container variants in its range:
(the following container combinations are possible)
Krampitz has the following container versions in its range:
1. Open platforms
2. Closed container housing
3. Storage tank container
The container units are joined together using approved quick-tie connections, which are mounted on the side in the corner fittings.
With these quick-tie connection bolts, complete plant systems can also be permanently laterally connected in container frames at the container installation site. Permanent stacking of container modules is also possible with a second quick-tie variant.
The transportation packaging is also the permanent housing, or rather the steel construction floor assembly required for open modules.